Although this is a lower-fat version of a favourite dessert, it’s certainly not low on flavour!
- 1 tablespoon cold strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur (optional – see tip)
- 1 Fibre One™ 90 Calorie Salted Caramel Square
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Mix the coffee and coffee liqueur together in a small shallow dish or saucer. Place the Salted Caramel Square in the coffee mixture, and leave to soak for 30 seconds. Turn over and repeat. Transfer to a serving plate.
Mix the mascarpone with any remaining coffee mixture, and spoon over the Salted Caramel Square. Dust with cocoa powder, and serve.
Tip: Using a good quality fresh coffee makes all the difference to the flavor of this recipe. The coffee liqueur also adds to the authentic flavour, but if you prefer not to use it, replace with a teaspoon more of coffee and a teaspoon of sugar, or try Marsala, or brandy.
For a reduced fat option substitute smooth ricotta sweetened with a very small amount of sugar for the mascarpone.
This dessert can easily be increased to serve more people and served in a shallow dish for spooning out.